Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall back, you jive suckas!

I'm somewhat of an overzealous music consumer, so when left to my own devices,  a lot of my ideas end being inspired by random tracks that pop up when I do the good ol' iTunes shuffle. Whenever the song, "Chicago Falcon" by modern-day funk ensemble The Budos Band comes on, it inspires me to try to 'pimp strut' before I realize that I have no idea what a 'pimp strut' is supposed to be. The following walk cycle is my attempt to figure that out:



I've spent the last few years animating The Turtle and the Monkey on twos, and I figured that I needed some practice animating on ones again. It was also refreshing to animate a character who wasn't a monkey or a turtle. The animation is a combination of ones and twos. This cycle went through several revisions and ended up taking longer than I expected. But I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Orange suit swag

No comments:

Post a Comment