Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vertical


I bought an Ergotron LX arm last year after seeing this miraculous piece of video and thinking that it would solve my possibly-OCD need to have my Cintiq sitting at the same level as my Macbook display. Alas, the only successful examples I've seen of the Ergotron + Cintiq setup have been with the larger 21UX and now I know why. The 12WX just doesn't put enough weight on the arm to maintain a comfortable drawing position.

So I finally decided to try switch things up after the Ergotron tried to punch me in the face for the thousandth time. It's OK so far, I guess. The vertical arrangement takes some getting used to, and I'm missing the ability to rotate the Cintiq 90º. But my drawing sessions no longer involve bobbing and weaving, so ... progress?

... but I am keeping the Ergotron on the chance that I somehow find enough money to afford a 21UX. How much are kidneys worth these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment